Join the Catapult Network team
Catapult Network – Senior Policy and Public Affairs Specialist
Posted: 20th December 2022
Deadline: 12th January 2023
Start date: from 1st April 2023
Status: Full time
Location: Home/field-based, with travel to Catapult offices nationwide, especially London
Salary: £65k range
We are looking for a Senior Policy and Public Affairs specialist to perform a challenging and exciting role working with all nine Catapults to promote the collective impact they are making, accelerating business growth through innovation, ultimately benefiting people’s lives and the UK economy.
To be successful in this role, you will be a highly experienced policy and public affairs professional with good connections in HM Government and Parliament. Good general knowledge of R&D and innovation across multiple sectors and industries would be desirable.
Building on the combined power of nine Catapults, you will implement a strong and wide-reaching stakeholder engagement strategy to promote the Network’s collective message as key delivery partner in the innovation landscape, shaping national policy and strategy.
You will be interfacing with a large number of staff from across all nine Catapults, particularly the cross-Catapult Government Relations and Policy Group (GRP), working under the line management of the Network Director. You will receive guidance also from Network Chair & Deputy and the CEOs Forum.
The Catapult Office
You will be working within a small team who run the Catapult Network Office activities, which is hosted by Digital Catapult.
- Provide key support and brief to inform the Catapult Network Chair.
- Keep abreast of developments in the innovation policy and political environment and develop analysis to inform Catapult Network activities and strategies.
- Develop strategy and vibrant public affairs plans and campaigns, well aligned with national and global priorities, to inform and influence external policies which affect the Catapult Network collective interests.
- To develop key relationships in a proactive and dynamic way, helping engagement of Catapult Network Chair and CEOs, to enhance the awareness, influence, and impact of the Catapult Network in Whitehall and Devolved Governments.
- You will help promote the new cross-Catapult hydrogen policy programme, and in due course, other cross-Catapult policy topics which could sit within health, digital, telecoms, etc.
The successful candidate will have proven experience and ability of
- Managing and delivering strategic policy-making and stakeholder engagement at the highest levels and in complex environments, with a demonstrable passion for R&D and innovation.
- Advising at the highest levels, working remotely and independently whilst spending time in Government circles and Whitehall.
- Successfully developing and delivering everything from simple activations to complex PR campaigns, at a fast pace and at the highest standards.
- Building positive and effective working relationships influencing across central and Devolved governments, to ensure the Catapult Network voice is heard and delivers meaningful influence.
- Anticipating future requirements and adapting to change.
- Confident, resilient, self-motivated, and able to generate your own ideas.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills, outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Able to deal with conflicting priorities and manage varied stakeholders in a complex, fast-moving environment.
- Self-awareness and the highest level of professionalism.
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or qualified by experience.
The role is remote/homeworking with optional visits to local Catapult offices. There is an expectation for national travel across all UK regions, especially London.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org