Effective engagement with the UK research base is critical to the success of Catapults.
While Catapults centres do not provide funding to support the research base, they do work closely both with partners in the Research Councils and HEFCE and the research base directly to ensure that there are opportunities for collaboration.
Equally catapults may also be partners or collaborators with research base organisations on funding proposals to the Research Councils and HEFCE.
Catapults are actively encouraging discussions with the Research Base to explore new ways of working in partnership. However, a range of Catapult-Research Base engagements currently exist to enable improved access to businesses of all sizes. These can be categorised within the following areas:
1. Strategic Relationships – a series of formal partnerships between the Catapults and research base stakeholders have formed, these include:
2. Joint Programmes and Projects – a large number of joint research and innovation programmes and projects exist where Catapult centres partner with the research base and business, these include:
3. Developing People and Skills – Catapult centres and the research base are engaged in a range of people focussed business collaborations including:
4. Enabling Access to Capability – Catapults and research base partners present unique opportunities to effectively utilise and share equipment and facilities including:
5. Informing Policy Development – Catapult centres and the research base work closely together in shaping the innovation eco-system and informing policy through activities such as: